I’ve had so many requests lately to recreate the Taylor Swift Blank Space makeup look. I’m sure you’ve seen the video by now, if not… click here. ♥
Taylor’s makeup in the Blank Space video is “magic, madness, heaven, sin” …just like the lyrics to her song! There are several variations to the eyeshadows in this video if you look closely; simple smokey to dramatic smokey, with a slight color change. Indoor and outdoor lighting also play a role in the makeup looks. Her staple winged liner and red lips, for the most part, remain the same.
For specific products, be sure to click the links in this blog post.
– To get the Taylor Swift Blank Space makeup, start off by prepping the eye with a really good base. I would suggest using something like MAC’s Soft Ochre Paint Pot. This will insure that the shadow will stay put throughout the day.
– Sweep a light cream eyeshadow all over the eye lid up to the brow. This will help with blending out the eyeshadows, especially with a really dramatic smokey eye. The eyeshadow color Cream from the LORAC Pro Palette is gorgeous or try using something like Vanilla from MAC.
– Apply a mid-brown eyeshadow in the crease, this will be a great transition color to help blend out the darker eyeshadows.
– For that really smokey eye in the video, use the colors from the LORAC PRO Palette. Apply Slate all over the lid, concentrating more color on the outer part of the eye. Carve Black in the corner as a “V” shape. Use the same color Slate under the eye for a smokey effect.
– If you want more of a purple look than a grey one, use the eyeshadow color Mauve on the lid, concentrating more of the color on the outside of the eye. Carve Plum from the LORAC Pro 2 Palette in the corner as a “V” shape, to really emphasizing the eye. Use the same color Mauve under the eye and really blend it out.
– Apply your favorite black gel liner. I love using Wicked from Sigma Beauty. ♥
– Apply foundation and set with a powder. Looking for a new foundation? Try Burberry Beauty Velvet Long Wear Fluid Foundation. Dust lightly with Burberry Beauty Nude Glow Pressed Powder, which gives a finished look.
– Taylor Swift’s cheekbones are really contoured, so be sure to carve out your cheekbones and apply a neutral blush. NARS Deep Throat is a great shade for this makeup look!
– Use a setting spray to set makeup. I like to use All Nighter from Urban Decay.
Be sure to share pics of your version of the Taylor Swift Blank Space makeup. I’d love to see them!
♥ Debra Johnson Makeup Artist Orange County, California
Don’t forget to share, comment, and subscribe!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!