I had the pleasure of doing makeup for lovely model Lyssa during a photoshoot recently. For this blog post, I thought it would be fun to explain how you can achieve this fresh faced makeup look (photo below). This makeup look focuses on creating flawless skin while incorporating a pop of color which is totally wearable every day.
- Start by prepping the eye lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. These come in several shades. For this look, I chose the basic one that does not have shimmer.
- Sweep the lightest shade from the NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette from NARS all over the brow bone.
- Apply a soft shimmery eyeshadow like Dust from Urban Decay’s Naked3 palette onto the lid.
- On the outer corner of the eyes, use a neutral brown eyeshadow to soften the look.
- Curl lashes and add mascara. Try using Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Black.
- I really wanted to keep Lyssa’s skin as natural looking as possible and let her gorgeous freckles show through the foundation. You can recreate this look by using a tinted moisturizer or by mixing your favorite moisturizer + foundation together to make your own. Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 is lightweight and give a nice glow to the skin. You can pair this with the Invisible Loose Setting Powder to get a flawless finish.
- Next fill in the brows with your favorite shadow or pencil. On Lyssa, I used the shade Lingering by MAC.
- For the cheeks, I wanted to keep the overall freshness of the look and add a bit of natural pinky peach toned blush. I mixed MAC’s Powder Blush in the shade Dame together with Fleur Power to get that perfect color.
- To complete the look, I choose a lipstick that would tie in with the overall concept and had a pop of color. You can use any color that you would like since most of this look is neutral. On Lyssa, I lined her lips with Chanel’s Le Crayon Levres Precision Lip Definer in the shade Coralline. Then I applied lipstick lightly to keep it more sheer and glossy looking. Try Dior’s Addict Lipstick in the shade Princess; it’s just gorgeous!
Test out this look and let me know what you think! Thank you so much for reading!
♥ Debra Johnson Makeup Artist Orange County, California
Don’t forget to share, comment, and subscribe!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!